Here’s a classic pancake recipe that’s 100% plant-based and delicious. This dessert can be scaled up in quantity to feed any number of people affordably, and it’s mostly healthy for a sweet treat!
For the Pancakes:
- 1 cup Oat Flour (or normal flour)
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Water (or Almond Milk)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Egg Replacer, such as corn starch, tapioca starch, potato starch, etc
- 1 Tbsp LSA, (Linseed, Sesame, Almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Be gentle, don’t overwork the gluten that’s in the batter, for light fluffy pancakes…
Let the batter rest for half an hour, then add a dob of melted coconut oil stirred in, again, be gentle.
For the Nut Butter Sauce:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup kaffir lime maple syrup
- Juice of 1 small Lime
- 1/4 cup Warm Water
To make kaffir lime maple syrup, put maple syrup in a pan with lime leaves and simmer, then set aside to steep for 30 minutes.
A simpler sauce is just Nut Butter with Maple Syrup or Jam.