Nut Butter Spread Recipe
This salty-sweet smooth nut butter spread is a little bit naughty, but also very nice.
- 2 cups smooth macadamia butter
- 1 cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup softened vegan spread or coconut oil
- ½ cup pure maple or agave syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod, use the scraped out seeds
- ½ tsp salt (preferably Himalayan)
- generous pinch of coarse sea salt
- Mix the cashew butter and the macadamia butter inside a bowl until the mixture is even.
- Add salt, vegan spread, vanilla and the maple syrup and evenly mix in the coarse sea salt.
- Optionally add the finished butter to a clean glass jar.
- Leave to rest for 24 hours to allow flavors and texture to develop. Yum.
When buying nut butter from a store, look out for stores that make their own fresh nut butter using the Vince Russell Nut Butter Mill, to avoid preservatives, and to ensure maximum freshness.