Berry Cashew Nut Butter Buddha Bowl recipe
This easy brekky Buddha Bowl tastes great if prepared the night before.
Overnight oats ingredients:
- 1 cups rolled oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 very ripe banana finely mashed
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup plain vegan yoghurt or cream (optional)
Preparing the overnight oats:
Combine the oats, milk, chia seeds, etc. and mix well or use a blender for a smoother porridge.
Store in a jar or sealed container in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- ⅓ cup fresh cashew butter
- 2 tbsp jam (optional)
- ⅓ cup trail mix
- Fresh fruit to taste
Some fruit combo ideas:
- Boysenberries and raspberries
- Kiwi fruit and bananas
- Jackfruit and strawberries
- Banana and Blueberries
Have some fun decorating your bowl with toppings of choice.
Rather than cooking oats in boiling water and serving the porridge hot, when you do the four hour soak, the oats and chia seeds absorb the liquid creating a creamy texture that tastes like a dessert.