Almond Butter and Artichoke Soup recipe
Almond butter elevates this delicious, creamy soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 2 x 280g jars marinated artichokes, drained and thinly sliced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp snipped fresh microherbs, to garnish
- 2 Tbsp toasted almond flakes, to garnish
Notes on Almond Butter:
Fresh Nut Butter is the best, when purchasing, look for a Nut Butter Mill in your local supermarket or health food store.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, cover, and cook until softened.
- Uncover and stir in the artichoke hearts, stock, and salt to taste.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the artichokes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the almond butter, lemon juice, and cayenne.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup or transfer the soup to a high-speed blender and blend til smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot.
- Stir in the almond milk, then taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Simmer over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into 4 bowls, top with microherbs and then sprinkle with toasted almond flakes.