Asian peanut pasta
A new Asian twist to your pasta dish,
still within your calorie limit!
This is a perfect quick meal for lunches and dinners which is full of flavor.
- 1 kg wheat pasta (or any pasta that you like)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 blocks of Tofu
- Chopped vegetables of your choice, such as cabbage, carrots or bell pepper
- Leeks, chopped (can use Shallots or Chives)
- ½ cup oeanuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 9 tbsps oyster sauce
(you can get vegan style oyster sauce)
- ⅓ cup Reserved pasta water
- Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ⅓ cup of pasta water
- Saute minced garlic and chopped onions in the heated olive oil
- Add tofu, sear until browned well, and saute the rest of the vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, dilute the brown sugar to the reserved pasta water. Then, add the liquids to the cooking vegetables and reduce until desired consistency.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
Get fresh peanut butter to truly transform a bowl of noodles into a flavor-packed feast.